Wednesday, February 03, 2010

15 Years Ago Today


It's been 15 years since my dad died in a car accident. I've spent almost as much time without him now as with him, since I was 16 when it happened. It's hard to say what I feel exactly...it's definitely not the hollow sick feeling it used to be, thankfully. It's just that I'm not that 16 year old girl who had just failed her learners test anymore. I'm an adult now and I wish I had an adult relationship with my dad. I wish he could meet my husband and kids. I have lots of questions I'd like to ask him. It still hurts that he's gone. I guess it always will.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

So nice to see you blogging!! :-) I do so love to read about your life. Thanks for sharing about your dad. I have wondered before how you felt about his loss - now as an adult. Miss you guys! Sure wish I could have come home with Carl... cause I wouldn't have been so busy and could have come over for a play date with all our kids!! :-) Talk soon!!

Amber said...

Thanks Mish :) Hope you are doing well! You must be happy to have Carl home. This reminds me that I need to check if your blogging again, hopefully your computer problems are over...

Mum Deb said...

This is months later...sometimes I find the layout of Zaakistan confusing..but I'm learning. Even though it's a late comment....I have always felt a sadness for you that you lost your Dad when you were so young. I'm so grateful that you are a part of my family now. I know your Dad would have been so proud of you and absolutely adored Blaise and Acadia and totally approved of your choice of a husband since he is so wonderful. In your time with your Dad I'm sure he helped form the wonderful woman you are today. I will mark this date on my calender as a day of signifigance in your life.

Amber said...

Thanks Mom Deb! I love hearing that my dad would have been proud of me. Thanks for your love too! I couldn't ask for a better mom in law :)