Friday, February 08, 2008

Sunburn Woes




Our vacation to Mexico was wonderful. Zaak did an awesome overview of it, so check out his blog if you're desperate for details:) I was just catching up on our blogroll and can't believe how many of you out there talk about the weather?!?! It's pretty funny. So here's my tribute to all of you who like to bemoan the cold. Picture one is me and Acadia on the beach, and picture two is a few hours later - oh the burn! We bought some Solarcaine cream and I could have kissed the bottle it felt so good on my fiery legs. I'm feeling fine now and hope to not peel, skin cancer is not something I want to experience in life thanks. (I thought I had put sunscreen on my legs but I must have forgotten! What with making sure to lather up the kids I tend to get the short end of the stick.)
So for all of you who hate the cold, at least you're not sunburned:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zaak did a wonderful job of keeping us informed about your trip. Sounds like you had a great time!! Great time that is except that nasty sunburn. OUCH!!

Anonymous said...

Still getting to Zaak's. I am thinking any heat now, including a sunburn might be a relief. Of course if I had one, I could put snow on it. Hope you heal well.

Zaak said...

sissy

Aimée said...

It's a teeny bit hard to feel sympathetic when we've seen those pictures of you on that stunning beach...
At least it's not frostbite/wind burn.:)

Amber said...

Sirdar - we did have a super time, and my burn is peeling now so as long as I don't get skin cancer, I'm happy:)

Dawn - That's a good point that you could put snow on a sunburn, maybe our family members who returned to Canada after the trip tried that:)

Zaak - Since I have given birth drug-free to two of your exceedingly ROUND headed children I do not believe you are allowed to be call me a sissy:)

Aimee - Spring is just around the corner now in Montreal right? I'll send you some of our warm Guatemalan sun if you need it:)

Zaak said...

wuss