Sunday, January 01, 2006

Breathe. In, and out. Breathe.

We-just-had-a-rat-in-our-kitchen!!! All this time I thought we were fighting mice! Although I did have a sneaking suspicion that it might be something larger with all the cookies taken out of their packages, yug. So I wander into the kitchen tonight thinking I'll get some turkey leftovers, when I am stopped dead in m tracks by the sight of a HUGE rat tail and body under the stove! So I yell "RAT! RAT! RAT!" Zaak heard my cries and came to see what was going on. Turns out the rat hadn't ran when I yelled because we'd been poisoning it slowly and it could hardly move. The poor, pitiful, (gross) creature. So Zaak (brave and valiant) swept the rat into the dustpan and disposed of him. Needless to say I lost my appetite.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

UGH!!!!! i HATE RATS! It reminds me that we had rats in the basement in Cormier Villiage the first winter I lived in Canada. Papa would tease me and hold the dead ones by the tail in front of me. I have been grossed out by them ever since. Thankfully your rat didn't hurt you guys or poop in your food (I hope) Zaak I'm very proud of you for disposing of it.....once again...UGH!!!

Marta said...

Poor rat :P. He did not even stand a fighting chance :). Well I'm also glad for you guys that you were able to get rid of it. Hopefully you won't get anymore rats or mice in your home.

Anonymous said...

I can see this as a cartoon.

Amber: "Hmmm, where is that leftover turk... RAT! RAT! RAT!"

Rat, in a low, raspy, sad, tired voice, in Spanish: "Aye. I just wanted some delicious cranberry sauce... shoot, I'm spotted!"

Zaak: "He he. Look Amber. He's talking. In Spanish! And he can't move. Ha ha ha."

The End.