Saturday, January 21, 2006

Clase de la Educacion Fisica

Yesterday I taught my first phys.ed. class to the highschool girls at Colegio Beerseba. We walked up the steep road behind the school, stretched at the top of the hill, and then jogged down. Felt a bit silly when there were people carrying down big loads of sticks on their backs or big baskets of flowers on their heads, but we just said good morning to them and kept going. When we got back to the school we did push-ups, sit-ups, lunges, squats, stairs, skipping and jumping jacks. Finally we played some basketball at the end. So that was the hardest workout I've done in a long time, and today I can sure feel which muscles I used! I'm really glad I get to be involved at the school, it's such a wonderful environment; all these sweet little kids saying "hola seno" to me:) (Female teachers are "seno" and male ones "profe") Also it was neat to play on the basketball court that the group from our church 3 years ago helped to haul dirt for. So I'm happy to be teaching again because I can get to know the girls, get some excercise, have a break from being an "ama de casa" (housewife) but I'm also thankful it's only once a week:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are really enjoying the life! I hear you about the sore muscles, I have been sore for two weeks since starting the body challenge, I am even having a hard time dressing! our bodies are amazing gifts from God, its so refreshing to work them out! Keep up the good work Seno!

Marta said...

I always enjoyed Gym class. Hopefully all your muscle aches have gone away.