Saturday, February 03, 2007

Mama's Little Helper



We FINALLY went and got some soil so I could plant my seeds that I bought months ago. It's spring here, with lots of trees blossoming, so in the spirit of spring I immensely enjoyed planting all my flowers and herbs. Now if only they would sprout overnight:) Blaise was very into the whole process and especially liked helping me shovel the dirt into the planters. I'm not sure now how to keep him from digging now that there's more than soil in my planters, but he's still pretty easily distracted so it should work out okay.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have the same problem as I have...except it is my dog that likes to dig to the other end of the earth. Don't do what I do to my dog either. It might get you in trouble :-)

April said...

Wow, spring already... how nice! It's still cold here and there is snow. I'm tired of wearing my winter boots and when I go inside packing my hat, scarf and gloves... reading break is coming up though and then spring break

Anonymous said...

It's so much fun your little playing in the dirt and making mud pies. Seems so funny that you guys are planting and enjoying spring and we're so cold here. I'm glad for you though...especially with the new baby coming :)

P said...

Digging up tulip bulbs behind my mom as she planted them is one of my first memories. I was about two. I mostly remember loving the feel of the dirt. So maybe Blaise's first memory will involve dirt too. :)

Amber said...

Sirdar if you swear at your dog I won't be doing that, especailly since Blaise is picking up new words everyday:)
When is your reading break April? Feb? Guatemala is getting nice and warm in Feb:)
My lettuce that I planted is already coming up! So exciting!
That's a precious memory Petra, I bet your Mom loves it too. I'd be thrilled if Blaise's first memory involved being in nature:)